How quickly can I start using Direct?
Once terms are agreed to, we will get your account set up and ready for use by the next business day. A notification will be sent to your email address as soon as the new account is created with a link to set up your account password.
Why ACH ?
ACH provides faster processing than paper checks by eliminating physical handling. ACH provides more economical processing than credit cards, which may carry convenience fees and finance charges.
What is our commission rate ?
Commission is for sellers is 12%. Currently there are no fees for buyers.
Can I add multiple users ?
Yes, simply contact Customer Service with your request for additional users. Or, you can add it on your own in the account management page.
Can I edit my own account ?
You can make changes to your users and contact information, or you can contact Customer Service and they will make the changes for you.
How do I…?
Our Customer Service staff is standing by to help you with any site functions. Contact us and we’ll be happy to give you a tutorial!
How does Direct manage billing and settlements?
Direct has a billing cycle of two weeks (1st and 15th of every month). Any purchases made will be collected and any sells made will be paid out at that time.
How long is the item return window?
Buyers have 7 days, from the date of purchase, to send an RMA request. Sellers will then have 2 business days from the receipt of that request to initiate the RMA or reject it. If the RMA is initiated, the buyer is expected to ship the item back to the seller within 7 days.
How do RMA’s (returns) work on Direct?
1. Buyer requests an RMA on an item they purchased. While requesting the RMA the buyer will select, or provide, the reason for the RMA.
2. Seller receives an email notice about the RMA request. The seller will review and respond to the request. The seller has the option to provide their own shipping label, provide their shipping account number, request that the buyer keep the item, or reject the RMA. If the seller does not respond to the request within 2 business days after the request was created, Direct willaccept the RMA and provide a shipping label to have the item shipped to our holding facility.
3. When the RMA is accepted by the seller a notification will go to the buyer, so that they may download the shipping label or receive the shipping account number. The buyer will then ship back the items.
4. 7 Days after the RMA is initiated, and the shipment tracking number shows that the item was received, the seller will receive a reminder email to check on the delivery of the items. If the seller does not respond with a reason to reject the return, Direct will issue a refund for the item(s) and shipping. Otherwise, the seller can log into their sellers returns page and select the particular RMA and issue a refund for each item by clicking on the ‘REFUND’ button.
How fast are my orders processed?
Orders will typically appear on your account within 30 minutes. If you do not see your order after 30 minutes, please contact Customer Service.
How do I know if a book is in stock ?
You can upload a want-list, and all available books will show in quantity and condition. Just select the items needed. Or, there is an ISBN search bar at the top of the application page if you just need a few items.
How do we initiate a return ?
Simply find the order on your order page. Click on the word “Returned”, a pop-up window will show up asking for the reason for the return. Simply select reason and ok, the seller will get a notification for the return. At that point they will approve or deny.
How do Buyer Missed and Active Opportunities work ?
On your Buyer dashboard, there are two sections to help you find the books you need. First, let’s look at “Missed Opportunities”:
These are books currently on your most recent active wantlist that one or more sellers have in stock. You can see your Max Price as well as the seller’s currently listing Price. When you click the Match button, your max price will be raised to the seller’s price; you can then choose to process the wantlist (buy the item) now, or later. The price change will last 24 hours, so you can match multiple prices before processing your list. If more than 5 items would be present in this section, you can click See More to view the rest.
This section shows items with temporary price reductions. If a seller has lowered their price to meet (or come close) to your buying price, you’ll see the item listed here. You’ll also see how long you have left before that price is no longer available.
1. If the Match button is greyed out, it means the seller has lowered their asking price to match your max price and you can process your wantlist to buy the item.
How do I request an RMA (return)?
Find the order on your order page. Click the ‘Return’ button. A pop-up window will be displayed asking for the reason for the RMA request. This action will send a notice to the seller, so that they may respond to the RMA request.
What to do when RMA is accepted?
When your RMA request has been accepted, you will receive an email from Direct with next steps. You will find your RMA in the returns section of your buyer dashboard. On your RMA will be one of three things: 'RETURN LABEL','SHIPPING ACCT', 'NO RETURN'. You can click on return label, or shipping acct., and either print the label to return your item/s or create a label using the provided shipping acct. number. When creating a label using the sellers shipping acct. number, try to include the RMA ID number on the label notes. If the RMA says 'NO RETURN', you may keep the items. After you have created your label, ship the item back to the seller.
How quickly are refunds processed?
Approved refunds requiring a return will be processed once the return is delivered. If a return is not necessary, the refund is issued immediately.
How often do statements process ?
Currently, statements are processed on the 1st and 15th of the month.
How do Seller Missed Opportunities work ?
On your Seller Dashboard, you may have noticed a section titled “Missed Opportunities.” This window shows items you are close to selling; some are only a click away!
Every EAN on this list is already active in your inventory, with your current price listed under the Price column. They are also on at least one buyer’s wantlist, and that buyer’s price is listed under Max price. The items are organized by how closely the two prices align, with the smallest percentage difference at the top of the list.
1. The Match button is only active when the item in question is on a buyer’s “Auto-Buy” wantlist. If you Match an item’s price, an order will automatically be created for the Max price (by lowering your asking price).
2. Clicking Reduce will lower your asking price to a buyer’s Max price. The order will not automatically be created, but the buyer will have 24 hours to process it.
3. You can also use the Lower Price button to try and meet the buyer in the middle. Lowering a price will notify the buyer that the item’s price has changed and they will be given an opportunity to raise their max price.
What to do when RMA is requested?
You (as a seller) will receive an email notice when an RMA is requested. That email will include a link to the detail page for this RMA request. The details include the order, order items, and reason for the RMA request. To accept the RMA you should click on the ‘INITIATE’ button, otherwise you may click the ‘REJECT’ button to reject the RMA.When the initiate button is chosen a pop-up window will be displayed, where you can select your shipping options. These options may include: providing a shipping label by uploading it here, providing your shipping account number for the buyer to use to print their own label, or you may select ‘No Return’ if you do not want the item(s) back. If you are sending a shipping label, it will be helpful for your receiving process if the RMA ID# is on the label.Once the RMA has been initiated a notice will be sent to the buyer letting them know to move forward with the return shipment.If the RMA is not initiated, or rejected, within 48 hours of being created Direct will initiate the return and include a shipping label that will deliver the item(s) to our warehouse. You will be able to request these items be shipped to you from our warehouse. However, Direct will be owed a 25%, of listing price, restocking fee, as well as all shipping incurred.
What to do when RMA items are received?
When Items are received the seller will then log into their Direct seller returns page and select the RMA. There you may click the ‘REFUND’ button on every item in the return. A pop-up will be displayed where the seller will enter the refund amount.Seven days after the RMA is initiated, a reminder email will be sent to the seller. It will ask the seller if the items have been received. If there is no response to the email within one business day, Direct will automatically refund the item in full plus original shipping charge.
What happens if Direct initiates an RMA for me?
If Direct initiated a return for you and had the item shipped to the Direct holding facility, just email Direct and let us know that you would like to receive the item. Direct will charge a 25%, oflisting price, restocking fee, as wells as all shipping incurred.